Spiral stairs are frequently confused with curved stairs. While both kinds follow an arc, spiral stairs are more compact with the stairs radiating around a center pole.
Advantages of Spiral Staircases:
· The main advantage of spiral stairs is that they take up very little space. They are popular for use on city lofts and beach front decks to conserve premium property.
· Spiral stairs can be esthetically pleasing with many different versions of railings and styles available.The installation is generally easier since the center pole provides the structural support for the staircase.
Disadvantages of Spiral Staircases:
· These stairs are more challenging to traverse than other types. There are many local building codes that don’t permit them to be the primary access to the second floor of a building.
· Difficult to carry large items up these stairs.
· The design permits only one person to go up or down at any time.